Second Doses Now Available to all residents 12 and over. You can receive your second dose 28 days from your first dose.
Drive thru vaccination clinic – Saskatoon Prairieland Park: More information
Saskatchewan pharmacies participating in immunization [Note you must contact the pharmacy directly regarding vaccines, do not use the online booking system or phone] – Full list on Government of Saskatchewan website
Vaccine appointments can be made by phone by calling 1-833-SASK-VAX (1-833-727-5829) starting at 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week.
More information Government of Saskatchewan website
Older adults can also call Dr. O’Connell from the U of S at 306-966-2496 and leave a message to receive a call back. We have volunteer students from health professional programs who can help older adults navigate the online booking system.
- Government of Saskatchewan Toll Free Line – non-health related questions 1-855-559-5502
- Health questions? Call 8-1-1
- Visit www.saskatchewan.ca/COVID19 for updates and resources
- Visit Government of Canada for updates and resources
- Visit City of Saskatoon: COVID-19 Information
- Government of Canada: Programs and Services for Seniors
- 211 Saskatchewan
- 211 Saskatchewan: First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Services and Information
- Community Resources by Saskatoon Inter-agency Response to COVID-19
- Face Masks
- 7 Key Points on the Use of Non Medical Face Masks [ Information Sheet by Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism]
- World Health Organization: When and how to use masks
- Forever in Motion Home Fitness and Leisure Resource Guide- PDF
- Forever in Motion Facebook Group Join the group for fitness videos, health and wellness information and more
- CHEP Good Food Delivery
CHEP’s food access programs provide home delivery. Delivery is FREE! Saskatoon only. To order, message us, call 306-655-4575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHEP New Horizons Delivery for Seniors
CHEP Good Food is designated Food Security Lead for Seniors by United Way of Saskatoon & Area as part of the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program. Through this program, we are able to deliver ‘good food’ to Seniors FREE OF CHARGE.
1. By phone (306-655-4575), or
2. Use the online order form. New Horizons for Seniors Order Form. The link can also be found on CHEP.org by scrolling down through Good Food Delivery.
- Salvation Army – Grocery and Pharmacy Delivery
Please email us at email@example.com or phone (306) 477-2363 and inform the operator you are in need of assistance.
- Services for Seniors – Phone 306-668-2762
- World Sikh Aid Foundation Phone 306.713.9172 for further details
Volunteers deliver food free of charge to people who can’t get out or afford to buy their own groceries during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grocery Stores that deliver
- Save On Foods – https://www.saveonfoods.com online order
- InstaCart – Groceries delivered from local stores Order online – https://www.instacart.com
- Saskatoon Farmers’ Market’s online store
- Dad’s Organic Market – Delivery Service and Store hours: Open Monday to Saturday: 10am to 5pm Sunday: Closed Phone 306.373.7999
- Bulk Basket – http://www.bulkbasket.ca Online order
- Bulk Cheese Warehouse – Pick up and delivery 306.652.8008
- Nestor’s Bakery – Order Online
- Steep Hill Food Co-op – Accept orders by phone or email. Have your list ready. firstname.lastname@example.org and 306.664.4455.
- Baba’s Homestyle Perogies – email@example.com 306.933.4280
- Haywood’s Grill Pop up Grocery Shop email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Little Market Box – Order online
- Where to find Saskatchewan sourced food essentials during the pandemic
How to Buy Groceries without going to the store Information Sheet by Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism
A Saskatchewan based app that gives Saskatchewan residents free, confidential access to health care professionals through their mobile devices
- Self-Assessment Tool: COVID-19 – Government of Saskatchewan
Mental Health Resources
- Canadian Mental Health Association of Saskatchewan: Saskatoon Branch
Phone#: 306-384-9333 Email:email@example.com Website: http://saskatoon.cmha.ca
Free Mental Wellness Support Line in Saskatoon 1-306-270-3648
- Canadian Mental Health Association of Saskatchewan:
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
Resource Hub: Mental health and wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Saskatoon Council on Aging: Mental Health and Older Adults
Managing Stress and Anxiety; Mental Health Resources for Older Adults
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- VIDEO SERIES: COVID-19 IN SASKATCHEWAN produced by Applied Interprofessional Research, Saskatchewan Polytechnic:
Seniors Survive and Thrive
Seniors Socially Distancing and Isolating
- Petland Canada – order online www.petland.ca or curbside pickup service phone 306.978.6990 Confederation or Clarence Avenue S. 306.934.3920
- Pet- i- Coat Junction – Phone 306.384.7387
- Critters Delivery – https://www.critterspet.com online order
- YXE City Cabs Free Prescription Pick-Up for seniors: (306) 444-3333
- Medicine Shoppe [any location] – Free prescription delivery
- Earl’s Pharmacy – Free prescription delivery 306-244-1531
- London Drugs – a program to help seniors who may be isolated and in need of medications. Caregivers and family members can email SupportSeniors@LondonDrugs.com
- Shoppers Drug Mart – Fee delivery of medications to your home and help answer your questions via phone. Phone local store[s] for details.
- Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan: Phone/email support to people with dementia, family, friends 306-683-6322; Dementia Helpline at 1-877-949-4141
- Family Service Saskatoon –Phone counselling
Phone counselling will be offered during our regular office hours – Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. Call (306) 244-0127 within those times for more information.
- Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations [FSIN] 1-877-626-6448 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saskatoon Food Bank – 306-664-6565 Emergency Food Hampers
- Saskatoon Crisis Intervention Service – Emergency service (306) 933-6200
- Sage Seniors’ Resources – home health and mobility needs
Phone: 306-955-7243 Email: email@example.com
- Saskatoon Council on Aging: Telephone Visit Program – SCOA will match you with a friendly volunteer to chat over the phone. To register phone 306.652.2255
Funded by the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program, in partnership with United Way of Saskatoon and area.
- Bolt Mobile – Operation Lifeline
Old phones are being refurbished and sanitized and then donated to people without phones who are isolated in seniors’ homes and hospitals. Currently available to hospitals and care homes only. Donations accepted. If your hospital or care home facility is interested in receiving donated devices, please contact us today by calling 306-668-4653.