The Saskatoon Council on Aging is seeking a Finance and Fundraising Committee Chair. As a volunteer you should have a background in fund development, donor development, grant and fundraising experience.
Committee Structure: Consists of SCOA’s Treasurer, SCOA staff and members of SCOA.
To serve as a consultative group to the Board and Executive Director to acquire stable, broad based financial and non-financial resources to support the programs and services of SCOA.
Meetings are scheduled 3 – 4 times per year. It is expected there will be ongoing communication in between meetings.
- Act as a sounding board for fundraising strategies.
- Generate fundraising ideas and strategies and provide recommendations to the Board.
- Identify potential donors and advise on how best to secure introductions to potential donors who may have an interest to contribute financially to SCOA’s work.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization.
- Work to find innovative ways to respond to opportunities and overcome challenges.
- Provide leadership to specific initiatives where agreed upon by the committee.
- Provide a fundraising report annually which will be inputted to Council’s annual report and circulated at the Annual General Meeting.
- Provide fundraising report to Board (3 – 4 times per year)
Call Leslie at 306-652-4411 or email her at email@example.com to fill out an application.